[Ansteorra] Re: Wool sources

William Willett & Robin Lindsey moiranliam at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 18 14:37:14 PDT 2005

A place I like is http://www.sewingcentral.com also known as the Merlion's
Tail at Gulf Wars.  The linen is a nice garb weight, and at a good price,
they carry silks and some wool. My only caveat is that the "gold" linen is
more of a yellow, rather than the deeper Ansteorran shade - we bought the
gold and then dyed it with RIT dye in golden yellow to get what we wanted.

Moira Lindsay

> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:23:31 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Sunny Medlock <sunnyday78723 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Wool sources
> To: garbaholic at sbcglobal.net,	"Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc."
> 	<ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
>
> For very fine linen and wide widths check out this place:
> http://www.thelinenhouse.com/
>
> It's not cheap, but they have great colors, actual "heavy weight" linens,
and I even found some luscious linen brocade in their Brussels, Belgium
Store once.