[Ansteorra] Armor....what a pain

ChuckandRhonda Leggett poppabrick at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 21:04:01 PDT 2005

Allow me to introduce myself.  I am Lord Marion de la Massue, and I host the Widget's Guild in Bryn Gwlad.
This Wednesday (July 20) is the next meeting of the Widget's Guild.  At the Widget's Guild, we repair armor, assemble shields, research costumes/personnae, sew costumes, cast pewter, and I really can't remember all the things we've done.  Widget's Guild is a catch-all for anything there isn't a dedicated guild for (no need for redundance/confluct).  If you would like help assembling your panoply, I would be most pleased to assist.  I have all the tools you should need, and although I am not an armorer as such, there are few items I haven't repaired or assembled at some time.

Widget's Guild is from 7pm to 9:30 pm on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.  (Leathercrafter's Guild is on the 1st Wednesday of each month - same time, same location.)

Ever in Service,
Lord Marion de la Massue
House of Brick.

E-mail:  Poppabrick @ yahoo.com    (no spacesm of course)
Phone:       927-9853  (Not after 10 pm, please)

Directions: Take your best route to IH-35 and HWY 290 East. Exit 290
East heading toward Manor on Hwy 290. Exit Berkman Drive. Go through the
light at Berkman and continue east along the frontage road. Just before
HWY 183, turn right between Mr. Gatti's and Tres Amigos, onto Charlton
Drive.  Our house is on the left just after the curve. Look for an
American flag, large white cargo trailer, and (usually) a big blue van out front.
(The van is missing now; it's in SE Texas, but will be back in a few days)

Ronda Roberts <rivyn at msn.com> wrote:

On the contrary, I have all of my armor, all I need to do is put straps and
buckles on the leg armor, fit the chin strap into my helm, get the sword
ready, put straps on my gorget, straps on my pauldrons (sp?) and get my
shield ready. I didn't think that it would take more than a day to do all
of that once I have all of my supplies I figured I would need like leather,
buckles and rivets. Then mebbe someone to drill the holes where I need
them. I have all the armor I need, its just a matter of getting it put
together and made wearable. :(

Sorry Commander Fox, don't look like this is going to happen anytime soon.

In Service to the Dream,
Muriel filia Donaldi de Skia
Barony of Bryn-Gwlad
The Silver Fox Squadron