[Ansteorra] Word fame and Elevation news

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Sun Jun 12 22:44:45 PDT 2005

It was a real treat to see HL Dyan offered the wreath of that august
order, or as I call her, "the pretty gauntlet lady".
I am among many who will be honored to see her elevation at Coronation.

I was also honored to have attended so many amazing classes. The class
on Spanish Footwork class presented by Lord Reis ap Tuder, which was
based on the work of Puck and his academically skilled lady, was eye
opening and extraordinary. A class concerning the myriad levels of
research which was to be taught by Mistress Rosalia was steered with
efficient grace by Mistress Serena. It was a wonderful class, and the
good Mistress a most engaging teacher. We missed you, Rosalia, and your
clan, who we wish the best for.
  Despite my tardiness in a hands-on class, Lady Phoebe Hotham was a
manifestation of patience and skill as she  ran her lucet weaving
class. Those in attendance were provided with lucets and cord for their
own attempts. That generosity has led to 6 inches of lucet cord. I
couldn't even begin the silly knot when I left class. Thanks Phoebe, my
best to you and that new Sable Thistle.
  I wasn't alone in my enjoyment of the many options at King's College.
My better half, the lady Cadhla, was very happy to have met Asterisk
Herald as Lady Emma described just what her office requires for a
successful submission. HL Clara was happy to provide a handout on
Cheesemaking, which is very appreciated. Mistress Talana's button
making courses were a delight, as I'm told, and my lady now has a skill
she is most enthused with and will no doubt teach me, if she can ever
put down the tassel she made in HL Dyan's class on tassel weaving.
  I'd like to thank my students as well. Your enthusiasm and questions
made all the work worthwhile. I hope you enjoyed my classes as much as
I enjoyed teaching.
  If you missed King's College, thinking such academic events are boring
or nothing you'd be interested in, you missed out. Yes, even you.
Yeah...YOU.

~Finnacan