[Ansteorra] Question 11/18

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 19 08:21:01 PST 2005

At 09:22 AM 11/19/2005, you wrote:
>Ok, however, let's say that they make concerted efforts (thru various
>means and people) to impose their views and idea of the SCA (a personal
>party club) on rest of the group, despite efforts to negotiate "peace and
>cooperation".
>
>Add to this issue the fact that there are more of them than the folks that
>travel and wish to participate in the "true" SCA, not the SCA that  is
>practiced in someones living room.
>
>Keep in mind that the attitude of the ones being dealt with do not deal in
>logic and trying to "educate them in the SCA" results only in
>confrontation, laughter (ridicule) and no results.
>
>Niklas

One possibility would be to try to get the group to sponser a kingdom-level
event--I know the seneschal is frequently looking for bids for Crown,
Queen's Champion, Coronation, etc. This would pretty much ensure that
there's a lot of exposure of that group to "kingdom level culture" and how
things are really done.

If the isolationists still insist on playing things their way, and if
they're in the majority for that group, then there's not much the other
folks can do, except spend most of their time at out of town events. (On
the bright side, if all they're doing is "playing SCA in their living
room," it's unlikely that they are going to ever be noticed by the rest of
the kingdom--no AoAs, Thistles, or higher awards.

         -Tivar Moondragon