[Ansteorra] Baron Felix's passing

medicfem at aol.com medicfem at aol.com
Wed Nov 30 08:43:06 PST 2005

 Born very poor, this man worked the railroad. Felx came to the shire of Seawinds as a retired man who wanted to put on armor and fight. Fight he did.
In his increasing years, he was the loveable Baron, very kind hearted. If he couldn't fight he would teach. He love to sit and introduce the newbies to this wonderful game while he quoted Shakespeare and recount the battles and tidbits he had read in his numerous history books.
Felix had the love of the Amazons for with his character he showed great respect for ladies and chivary.
Several times this man fought cancer and succeeded. Several times he said good bye to his family of Seawinds preparing to meet his maker. He gave Seawinds his time, his love and often the shirt off his back at an event.
Once Felix was once asked, " Don't you want another SCA name besides Felix of Seawinds?" he simple said, " well that is who I am. Seawinds is my home."
Realizing it was time to say good-bye for the last time  ... Baron Felix, now in a wheelchair, said good bye making Ulsted and Cateau's last Corination here in Seawinds his last event. I got the joy to sit with him once again and discuss his traveling to Caid to his son's home. He was very proud of his son. His son also plays in the SCA making SCA helmets and armor he told me over and over. Felix said that he would go to their fighter practice, but it wouldn't be Seawinds and it wouldn't be Ansteorra so it wouldn't be home. He struggled out of his seat to stand and yell "ViVat Ansteorra" at the end of court at the end of the night.
We promised Felix a long time ago that his arms will fly along with Seawinds. Now his arms and device hangs with the kingdom regalia. He is Seawinds, he is Ansteorra. He is missed.

In Sincere appreciation to have known this man,

Lady Caley of Lancashire
Felix's chirurgeon and friend