[Ansteorra] What has happened?

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 06:09:14 PDT 2005

Plato and Aristotle said the same of the youths of their day.

50 years ago, you might find someone who would ask around as to who dropped
a dollar.  It was worth more.  And before you jump me for suggesting that
morality is relative, ask yourself:  If you found a quarter on the ground
today, woulnd you do anything but pick it up and think "half way to a soda
out of the cheap machines at work" or some such?

But frankly, I don't buy your degeneration examples.

Maybe it also depends on where you are.  I bet money I could drop a dollar
on the ground at our fighter practice and the children there would find it
and ask every adult if they'd dropped it.  A TWENTY?  If it was gone, it
wasn't someone in the SCA from my local group who got it.

As to the lack of site-respect: The world goes by pretty fast, and people
tend to forget stuff.  Human beings, being what they are, need the
occasional kick in the pants to let them know they're straying.  If every
one  of us just makes the decision to go out and do better personally and
teach those lessons by word and deed, we'll get back to where we belong.

Respectfully submitted,
Morgan