[Ansteorra] Question 10/03

Cheri Hodek texastornado_50 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 07:54:36 PDT 2005

As someone from the "newer generation," My lord and I have both been stewards of events, as well as feast steward. We both became very active in our barony and do see us still here later on talking about "these young folks." My advise to anyone who wants to do become an officer or steward an event, ask those "established" to be a deputy or to aid you in planning an event. Be prepared for brutal honest statements, but as everyone wants things to go well at an event, be prepared for some of the load to be lighten by everyone within your Barony, Shire, etc. Remember a group hosts the event, not just the stewards. The greatest thing I learned was that you ask people who want to learn to help those that have done it before, and then you have double the help the next time around.

The best peice of advice I received when I started playing was that "you will have to ask if you are intrested, do not wait for people to ask if you are intrested." The "older generation" is more than willing to teach and share the load with anyone who shows an intrest by asking.

Yours in service,

Muirenn inghean Chonaill
Barony of Eldern Hills

"Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've
been but also where you're going.  Life is not a race, but a journey to
be savored each step of the way."