[Ansteorra] RE: What has happened?

Cheri Hodek texastornado_50 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 09:19:10 PDT 2005

I do have to agree with Diarmaid. When my lord and I entered the SCA a few years back, we had the luck of being "taught" by a "village" in the proper manners and courtesies expected of the members. Yes, while we think people should not have to be taught these things, it does happen. A little reminder that we all need to pick up our "mess" does eventually sink in. I am now one of those that tends to "teach" others, not only by word, but hopefully by example.

Yes, we do need to honor our word to keep alcohol in period containers only. This was the word of an event steward, a member of our Society. It is the word we all agreed to.

As a side note: If any lady needs instruction on how to feild strip a cigarette, I wll be more than willing to teach them. (Modernly -Retired military wife, here)

Yours in service,

Muirenn inghean Chonaill
Barony of Eldern Hills

"Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've
been but also where you're going.  Life is not a race, but a journey to
be savored each step of the way."