[Ansteorra] Question 10/03

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Oct 3 06:44:08 PDT 2005

L T (ldeerslayer at yahoo.com) said something that sounded like:
> How many years is an "SCA Generation"?

3-4.

In that time period, people will have had established many things including:

- concept of the SCA firmly established as far as who the players and
  shakers of the group are
  - Anyone who took a break of that time period will not recognize about
    25% of the people in their local group
- first award
- first case of disillusionment and possibly quite by it

It's generally the case that if you get past 5 years you are more likely
to be a lifer in the SCA.

We recently had a discussion at our Baronial service order meeting of
how we are having more and more spectacular events which requires too
many volunteers that are being burnt out. Myfanwy and I then realized
that an entire generation in the Barony had grown up with this standard
so it was absolutely expected and they are fighting the concept of
cutting back and having smaller and more relaxed events.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "We have a constitutional right to make
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   fools of ourself."