[Ansteorra] What has happened?

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 07:06:02 PDT 2005

I disagree with Morgan on the people tend to forget stuff end.  The SCA
lovingly hands down that it is based upon courtesy, chivalry, honor and all
those virtues to each of it's new members.  It is reiterated in our
ceremonies, our art, our greetings.

It was one of the reasons that when I was Queen I created "The Order of the
Queen's Ring", an award for courtesy and keeping these ideals alive.  To
encourage the small things that are what brought us to stay in the SCA, the
graces, the responsibility to the site and to each other, that all Lords are
valient and all Ladies beautiful within our Kingdom.

It is when people choose to look at their shoes or anywhere around them but
at the faces of those that are part of their community in this endevour,
when goals do not include the virtues of what we teach that these things are
pushed aside or left to gather dust, when values are put aside for singular
goals that our ideals wither and fade.   Bors and Artorius posted some of
the things that have really been bothering me that have become quite
prevelent in this Kingdom.

Change can only come from within.  As a Kingdom we have to decide that we
want grace and beauty, honor and courtesy to others.  When those things are
practiced by the majority, the less motivated feel the pressure to behave
more genteel.  Or as Morgan said, a kick in the pants ;).

Larissa ;)