[Ansteorra] Question 10/03

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 3 07:59:02 PDT 2005

> >>Quoting L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com>:
> >>
> >> > How many years is an "SCA Generation"?

A few people have posted in response to this, but I thought I'd give my POV.  This December marks
my fifth year in the SCA, and it also marks my concept of an "SCA generation".  At this point, I'm
no longer asking newcomer questions (at least not that many), and I'm able to answer a majority of
questions from current newcomers.  It's also the time it's taken to where I go to an event and see
a number of new faces that aren't familiar to me (those being newcomers).

However, I don't think a generation is really chronologically constant.  As can be said about many
things, "it's not the years, it's the milage".

Alden Drake