[Ansteorra] Question 10/03

Lightfootcim at aol.com Lightfootcim at aol.com
Mon Oct 3 19:11:44 PDT 2005

I think it is now about 5 years.  It used to be double that.  Now  at least,
it seems that we have 2-3 people who have been in 15 or more years,  2-3 that
have been in about 10 and a whole bunch that have been in anywhere from  3-5
or so.

As for awards - Coming from one of the more southern groups, it has been
said that to get anywhere you have to move to a different group furher north to
get anywhere in the SCA ranks.  While this may be true, as several of our
past members have moved off for different reasons, and are now peers and  such. I
have found that this approach may be easier in some ways, but not  always the
case.  All it takes is getting out there and showing  interest..  It is true
that geography can be a hinderance, but eventually,  even these areas will
have peers and perhaps nobility to help guide and pass on  the SCA ideals.

Just my .02

Lightfoot