[Ansteorra] Question 10/03

Elisabeth B. Zakes ezakes at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 4 14:46:20 PDT 2005

Lightfootcim at aol.com wrote:
> As for awards - Coming from one of the more southern groups, it has been
> said that to get anywhere you have to move to a different group furher north to
> get anywhere in the SCA ranks.  While this may be true, as several of our
> past members have moved off for different reasons, and are now peers and  such.

Yes, that's undoubtedly true. Just ask Mistress Jehanne, Sir Corwin,
Master Pug, ... :)

As far as the "people aren't as polite and chivalrous as they used to
be", I remember that being said over 25 years ago. Things don't really
change all that much, just our *perception* of the way things "used to be".

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad
almost fossilized