[Ansteorra] What has happened?

David Backlin quiet2284 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 22:07:46 PDT 2005

Michael Smith <morganbuchanan at hotmail.com> wrote:

Did the SCA used to use a lot more FREE sites than we do now? Right or
wrong, it seems that perhaps people are more inclined to be careless on a
site that is paid for, as there's perhaps some expectation of service to be
provided rather than a genuine appreciation for the site owners and the use
of the site.

I wouldn't say we used to use a lot of free sites (at least where I'm at), but good sites seem to be harder to find and cost more than they used to.  I personally wouldn't expect the price of a site to factor into an individual's carelessness.  It would seem to me that there would be more inclination to keep a paid site cleaner so that we could use it again.