[Ansteorra] Rita Recovery Help and Thanks

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:19:38 PDT 2005

Greetings All from Master Philip White, Hurricane Rita Disaster Relief
Coordinator.

At the end of September our Kingdom suffered harm as Hurricane Rita broke
ashore and our people were pushed away from their homes.  During that time
many of our community opened their arms and homes to help their friends,
family, and strangers as they evacuated.  As those displaced returned home
many more of our Kingdom volunteered to help them rebuild their lives, both
in the present and in the Society.

Now that much of the immediate chaos has ended and lives have begun to
return to normal, I want to thank those who stepped forward for their
selfless generosity on behalf of the families affected by the storm. I wish
I could sufficiently articulate the emotions expressed as anxieties were
relieved and needs were met.

It is important to remember how much work people do for any group,
especially when our brothers and sisters are in need of help. At other times
your work may be more visible. Know that during a disaster like Rita are the
moments when your work is most important and most appreciated.

As with such a major event there are always long term recovery efforts and
so our work with Rita is not over. I know that if there is a need again that
you will rally together with help once more. Thank you all for supporting
the Kingdom so strongly.

Your Servant to Command,
~p.w.