[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 28, Issue 28

Duncan MacNamara duncan_macnamara at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:52:59 PDT 2005

>I figured it was a head of household thing. I once call myself capt of the
>Orange Moon an SCA ship household  but decided that since I was not able to
>really command a ship and didn't have all the knowledge of the total in's
>and out's of a 16th cen ship I would stop calling myself Capt. Personal
>choice. (I still have a problem with rigging tacking and navigation issues)

Another thing I'm working on... No, I will most likely never captain an
ocean-going vessel, especially one of 16th Century design. But I'm working
on acquiring the knowledge to be able to if I could. I am also working on
(and saving money for) an accurate wooden model kit for the ship in
question. We also thought about building a small-scale replica which would
be able to sail. Probably a 12-15 footer.

Lord Duncan MacNamara
Captain of the Iron Lotus
Commodore of the Allied Outlanders Fleet