[Ansteorra] Apology from Nasir al-Fayyid

Cam Battaglia momma_cammie at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 16:29:25 PDT 2005

Sorry ... But it is a sad day in our Society when members of a household
cannot interact freely without fear of offending someone outside of their
circle who has NO IDEA of the interplay within that household.

Although I commend you on your "apology", I think it absurd that you felt
obliged to take this action because of someone else's "perceived indignity".

Just my 2 cents,
Ly. Katrina Alyse Argo
a.k.a.  Momma Cammie

Naima wrote:

Greetings,

My name is Nasir al-Fayyid, commonly known as "Alf".
It has recently come to my attention that my young
household did offend a good lady of this populace at
Bjornsborg spring event "Book of Days".

I am captain to this new household, a pirate ship
called "The Drunken Drummer."  We are a group of
friends that like to hang out together at SCA events
and have a good time.  At this spring event, myself, a
lady of the ship and her lord husband were in the
tavern and joking around.  I reached over playfully
and tugged on her hair which had been an ongoing joke
all night long.  Apparently a good lady gentle took
notice of this and was highly offended.  We meant no
harm in our rowdiness and I would like to extend my
humble appologies to this good lady and would ask to
please not hold anyone in particular in my ship
responsible for my actions.
On further note, if I have offended anyone else with
these actions, to you I do so humbly appologize as
well.
As stated our ship is one of good friends, who enjoy
the SCA and who like having a good time and we welcome
anyone who wishes to join our fire.

YIS
Sayyid Nasir al-Fayyid
Captain of The Drunken Drummer