Why? (was Re: [Ansteorra] Principality?)

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 26 08:57:43 PDT 2006

> There have been strong principality pushes in several
> regions.  ...
>
> Kat MacLochlainn
> Wiesenfeuer

To my recollection (in no particular order):

* The Stargate area once considered it, long and long ago. At the time we had
over 250 paid members, and probably 3 times that in total. But there was no
real good reason to go forward with the idea, and some good reasons not to;
so it never took flight.

* The Southern region *seriously* considered it (around 1996-1997?). They had
meetings, designed heraldry, made up names for offices, etc.. But again,
there wasn't enough "lift" for the idea, and again it didn't take flight.

* The Northern region considered it (around 2000?). As Kat pointed out, those
"for" and "against" about tore each other up discussing it.

There may have been other times and places which escape my (by no means
reliable) memory at the moment. I invite one of the old far... er, founding
members of the kingdom to fill in the gaps. :-)

The subject isn't "taboo", per se. It's just Been Done... and those who were
there at the time (mostly) don't want to go there again. I think the
prevailing consensus was, is, and probably will be for some time, summed up
in the name of our Kingom: Ansteorra, "One Star".

Michael Silverhands