[Ansteorra] Re: the dreaded P word, again

Burke McCrory bmccrory at tax.ok.gov
Fri Apr 28 08:02:26 PDT 2006

At 06:39 AM 4/28/2006, you wrote:
>At 09:20 PM 4/27/2006, you wrote:
>
>>   Milord Faelan makes many good points. Mainly, the
>>lack of real difference between "regions" and
>>"Principalities".
>>   If Ansteorra renamed the regions to principalities,
>>the only additional layer added would be their
>>highnesses. It would only necessitate adding 4 events
>>per year, need not lead to separation, and would be a
>>boon to Their Royal Majesties.
>
>Ummm... how do you figure that? Ansteorra has five regions
>(Northern, Western, Central, Coastal and Southern) if *each* of them
>became a principality, that would require two Coronet Tourneys and
>two Investitures per year, which makes *twenty* additional events, not four.
>
>         -Tivar Moondragon

Actually it could be done with 10 as there is no requirement that
Tourney and investiture be at different events.  I think that is how
they do it in one of the West Kingdom Principalities.
There is precedence in Ansteorra for this as well, HG Lloyd won crown
on Saturday and had Coronation the next day (yes I know this was a
special case).

Burke