[Ansteorra] just read the link

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 12:31:22 PST 2006

Please take the idea of this picture to its extreme. Do not stop with the picture of just this student with two swords and chainmaille.

  let anyone can wear anything...what can you imagine.
  let anyone have weapons in their picture

  How stupid could someone get? Where could it go? What could the reprecutions in the school be?

  If this were allowed then before the end of the school year several students would be dead. Having known of students being killed for the color of their shirt, I know where this could go.

  Often those who do not live their lives at schools do not realize what life can/is like in school and what can set off truely stupid behavior.

  Teachers/Administrators are servants. Please think about this. We serve our students and their parents. We must protect our students from not only the outside world, but often from themselves...and for this care we are treated poorly and seen as the villian.

  As far as the mascot having a gun...that most likely is part of their past that they have not changed yet...but even that is slowly changing across the country.

  As far as advertisement space...they have the right to refuse to allow anything in their advertisement section.

  A gun in a play...does not even fall into this discussion.

  We must treat all students equal, and thus all students must follow the exact same rules.

  Again, one student's stupid behavior reduces the freedoms of all the rest. One person's stupid behavior reduces any citizens freedom. Sadly we can not stop people from doing stupid things.

  servant to a group of 8th grade students,
  mahee