[Ansteorra] just read the link

Chiara Francesca chiara at io.com
Tue Dec 19 09:13:07 PST 2006

I have to agree with much of what the good Countess says.

Come on folks, we are known as a fringe group already. Do you not
see how this is potentially more damaging than helping our image?
And yes, we are concerned about our image, it is what is used to
judge us when we try to get a new site for our events.

It helps that the portrait was not taken on the school grounds but
off site professionally. I think the boy is very pretty. I love the
portrait. I think the school will lose this battle on more grounds
than were covered here. But the deadline for the book to go to press
will most likely make it all null and void. Printer Deadlines have
no feelings.

In the end I just hope they reinstate an old policy that all senior
portraits presented in the year book be those taken on the grounds
in the old fashion way of robes and drapes.

As a parent of three I can safely say that I would not have allowed
my child to send in that choice for the school year book. College
year book yes, but not the other unless there is a page for "Things
the kids do with their spare time" or "Our student population's
Creative Side".

HL Chiara Francesca

On Tue, December 19, 2006 10:26 am, Lori Campbell said:

---snip---
> Was it really so awful back when senior pics had to be taken in
> graduation robes or drapes?  Oh, the horror of squashing each
> child's
> delicate sense of individuality...

---snip---