[Ansteorra] Provinces, a clarification

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon Jan 23 19:34:48 PST 2006

Alden wrote:
>[...]
> My new concern is that (from what others have stated) that they were
> *eminently* capable of being a Barony, yet they *deliberately* chose a
> modern, egalitarian model; instead of a Medieval (or even
> Rennaissance) one.
>[...]

Not necessarily! The history of urban town governments is a fascinating one,
even if you limit it just to England (which, being in the SCA, we should
not). The SCA term "province" is perhaps not the best term to use, but isn't
that also very typical of the SCA, where Knights outrank Lords?

-Emma de Fetherstan