[Ansteorra] Research help

Deana Covel dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 14:58:08 PST 2006

Hello All,

  I am trying to help a new lady research Scottish /
Gall-gael dress.  However, this is not my area. I seem
to remember a class was taught on this subject. Does
anyone have the handout or know whom to ask about the
topic?
  What I have found (which could be wrong) is that the
Gall-gaels dressed in a similar fashion to the Irish
or Norse of the same time period.
One site I found:
http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/irish/legendary.html
What the Irish Wore: Legendary Ireland circa 5th -10th
Centuries CE

It describes a leine (tunic) and a cloak (brat).  How
true / false?

Please help.

Thank you,
 L. Hanna von Dahl