[Ansteorra] Provinces, a stunned question

Chris Backus cebackus at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 00:24:02 PST 2006

How is being short with a lady part of the "ideal" model we try to
recreate?How is publicly disagreeing with a decision made by your feudal
lord (or the lord of your feudal lord)part of the historical model you seem
to idealize?Isn't public debate on an internet forum about as modern as they
come?  Or if we prefer the historical model,should someone simply give you
the lie direct and end this conversation?I value discussion, but don't
confuse my historical interests, my SCA interests, or my modern beliefsin
frank and open dialogue.Wasn't courtesy one of the traditions in the SCA way
back when you joined?I almost didn't send this... but then I remembered
Gunthar's post and I'd rather just speak out.  Moonshadow is anamazing group
and I simply don't believe someone like you, Alden, can speak against them
until you've sat in their halls, listened to their musicians, and sang in
their bardic circles.  For someone who despises the move towards leavingsite
and going to a restaurant, I think you'd love Moonshadow who puts on some of
the most wonderful feasts I've ever eaten,but you'll never know, because
you've already decided they're the first sign of the downfall of
Ansteorra.They chose me once as Insegnante, which means teacher.  Their
greatness is a topic I'd gladly go on about at length, butone experience is
worth a thousand
intent was *not* to play games with terms, or definitions; but to
discuss *concepts*.
Do you have a valid point to present?

Alden