[Ansteorra] Provinces, a stunned question

Chris Backus cebackus at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 00:32:59 PST 2006

My format was lost to the potential detriment of understanding.  I'll try to
draw some order out of the chaos that resulted...

 How is being short with a lady part of the "ideal" model we try to
recreate?  How is publicly disagreeing with a decision made by your feudal
lord (or the lord of your feudal lord) part of the historical model you seem
to idealize?  Isn't public debate on an internet forum about as modern as
they come?  Or if we prefer the historical model,should someone simply give
you the lie direct and end this conversation?

I value discussion, but don't confuse my historical interests, my SCA
interests, or my modern beliefs in frank and open dialogue.Wasn't courtesy
one of the traditions in the SCA way back when you joined?  I almost didn't
send this... but then I remembered Gunthar's post and I'd rather just speak
out.

Moonshadow is an amazing group and I simply don't believe someone like you,
Alden, can speak against them until you've sat in their halls, listened to
their musicians, and sang in their bardic circles.  For someone who despises
the move towards leaving site and going to a restaurant, I think you'd love
Moonshadow who puts on some of the most wonderful feasts I've ever eaten,but
you'll never know, because you've already decided they're the first sign of
the downfall of Ansteorra.

They chose me once as Insegnante, which means teacher.  Their greatness is a
topic I'd gladly go on about at length, but one experience is worth a
thousand words.

Hawkins