[Ansteorra] Fabric Shopping

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 19:16:46 PDT 2006

Salut cozyns,

Lyonel sai.

I know of a few, Lord Robert.

Let's start with the high end:
Silk Road
(512) 302-0844
3910 N Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78756

Silk Road is a tiny little house stuffed full of rolls of fine silks,
linens, and cotton velvets. They also have quite a collection of buttons and
some excellent dyes. Very expensive. (Time consuming, too. It's always hard
to get my wife out of that place.)

Calico Corners
(512) 467-9462
3010 W Anderson LN
Austin, TX 78757

If you're into fancy late period clothing, these guys might be worthwhile.
Lots of silk and wool brocades and jacquards. Again, very expensive.

On the lower end, you might want to try

Interior Fabrics
(512) 302-2555
7719 Burnet Rd # A
Austin, TX 78757

Interior fabrics has brocades and jacquards, but their brocades tend to be
more artificial fibers and their prices are generally more reasonable. This
month they have a sale on slick 54" silk (not Dupioni) for $13/yard and 58"
heavy linen at $6/yard.

You might also want to check out the old Hobby Lobby at
7950 Research Blvd
Austin, TX 78758

They're apparently moving. In the process, they have a bunch of brocades and
velveteens on sale. Not a broad range to choose from but still some cool
stuff.

Happy hunting.

lo vostre por vos servir
En Lyonel