[Ansteorra] Class Handouts

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Fri Jun 30 21:41:29 PDT 2006

Unto those who attended my classes at King's College and anyone else
vaguely interested.

  I apologize for the tardiness in this posting, it's been a crazy week.
Here is the website you can visit for the material from both of my
classes.

www.earlyirish.org

At this point there is nothing at these locations but the articles of
discussion, but this site will no doubt grow in time, especially with
Baron Ulf constantly encouraging me to add more content.
The first thing you will find there is "Early Gaelic Dress", a fairly
long beginner's introduction to the wartdrobe of the early Gaels of
Ireland, Man and Western Scotland. This is a second and more user
friendly edition of the original that  circulated earlier this year,
made possible with the editing skills of Coblaith, The Chronicler of
Bryn Gwlad, a wonderful lady and a serious scholar with a volunteer's
heart. Numerous versions of this article will appear at this site, but
right now the version offered is a full color edition in 12 point font
type.

The other item here is a link to an article not related to the Early
Irish specifically, but I promised those who visited my class I'd make
it available online. It's "To Tell a Tale of Terror", a guide to a
specific area of storytelling I hope you'll enjoy reading.

To those of you attended my classes, thank you for your faith in my
material and your support. I hope you found your time well spent. To
those who autocrated King's College, thank you for striving to make
room for the many instructors who came forward.