[Ansteorra] Cookies and merit badges

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 15:52:07 PDT 2006

Amra said:
"But will they know me as a candidate for advancement until I have built
up new experience there? "

I've seen some folks arrive in their new lands with a 'letter of introduction' from their landed
Baron & Baroness/Seneschal or Crown, advising their new home of this person's accomplishments and
contributions to their former home.   This is a really nice way of informing your new home of your
historic SCA activities.

Also, if you expect to be in new lands permanently or a period over a year, I believe you can
obtain a letter from the Star Principal Herald confirming your awards in Ansteorra, that can be
sent to the Order of Precidence herald in your new kingdom, so you can essentially 'transfer' your
awards into their Order of Precidence.  Helps tremendously when deciding what awards to give to
the 'new' person, when in fact they already have award history and/or the equivalents from their
former kingdoms.

Cheers, Hillary