[Ansteorra] Baby Shower Thank Yous!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 30 20:32:54 PDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 6:57 PM, Robin Craig wrote:

> This weekend was a wonderful event!
> <laughing.gif>
>  Thank You to everyone who stopped by to visit my shower and eat
> some of the wonderful food. I appreciated all the good wishes and
> company! The birthing/parenting advice was very welcome also!

I wasn't able to stop by during your shower. Since this is your first
baby, I know that you are likely to find having an infant quite a
learning experience. And being active in the SCA will add some
concerns that mothers who don't go camping, much less trying to camp
with a pre-1600 appearance. Here are a few Florilegium files which
might be helpful.

p-births-msg       (3K)  9/13/04    Births in Period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/LIFE-STEPS/p-birth-msg.html

Oh! You don't want to be that period? Then try these in the CHILDREN
section:
pregnancy-msg      (9K)  9/ 3/99    Pregnancy in period. Handling it
in the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/pregnancy-msg.html
babies-msg       (103K)  2/ 2/01    Camping with babies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/babies-msg.html
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby
gifts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/baby-gifts-msg.html
baby-slings-msg    (9K)  2/ 2/01    Cloth slings for carrying your baby.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/baby-slings-msg.html
p-cradles-msg      (5K)  9/ 7/01    Period baby cradles.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/p-cradles-msg.html
teething-toys-msg (22K)  1/ 5/01    Period and SCA teething toys for
infants.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/teething-toys-msg.html

I know you already do a fair amount of sewing, but perhaps some of
the comments in this file from women who have faced the same issues
might be useful:
clothing-MN-msg   (62K)  9/14/99    Maternity and nursing garb.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/clothing-MN-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas