[Ansteorra] children and events

Judie Willey littledragon0861 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 09:34:32 PDT 2006

This is a portion of what is going out in the Steppes Newsletter. I am not
trying to start any arguments...but we need to do something as parents and
as Ansteorrans. As the saying goes...it takes a village to raise a
child...in our case, it takes a Kingdom to raise a child.

A note to the Parents:

Please remember that the MoC is NOT a babysitting service. There were many
children under the age of 12 just wandering around the hall unsupervised and
causing disturbances on Saturday. YOU MUST sign you children in and out of
the children's activities. This is for their safety.

Please remind your children that sitting on tables, crawling under tables
and chairs, sitting where they are blocking restroom doors and making
excessive noise to where they disturb classes going on are unacceptable
behaviors. (remind them that if it isn't something allowed at home or
school…it is probably not allowed at our events)

For future reference, we ask that gameboys and other "electronic  babysitters"
be kept out of the youth area and confined to camping areas at events. We
understand that your children like their games, but these take away from the
ambience we are trying to provide as well as acting as a deterrent to the
children participating in the event.

Yours in Service,

Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi

MoC