[Ansteorra] Results of Vambrace Poll

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 3 13:02:40 PST 2006

Salut Cozyns,

Michael Silverhands dit qe:

>I'm sorry, Jean Paul... I *think* I understand your question, but I'm
>not 100% sure. Could you please restate it?
>(I take you to mean something like "Ansteorra armor standards are
>currently more strict than those set by Corporate. Should we lower
>Ansteorra armor standards to match those set by Corporate?" That's a
>very interesting question, by the way, because it invites other
>questions. For example:
>
>* If "yes", then should we specify any armor standards at all in the
>Ansteorra rules? Or should we simply ratify whatever standards are
>set by Corporate?
>
>* If "no", then should we be lobbying other kingdoms and/or Corporate
>to bring their standards up to ours? Should we care whether other
>kingdoms have different (possibly lower) standards than ours?)

Yes, Michael, the idea is to set our armor standards to match the
requirements put forth in the SCA Marshal's Handbook with no additions. We
would not be the first to do so. East Kingdom, Aethelmearc, and Atlantia
(perhaps others, I'm not certain) already do so.

Aethelmearc's Kingdom Law states:

I. Armor
1. Please see the Society Marshal's Handbook for specific armor standards.
These shall be the minimum standards of armor in the Kingdom of AEthelmearc.
2. All heavy weapons fighters must meet this standard to take part in rattan
combat. Combat archers shall be armored as full contact fighters with the
exception of the “archer’s gauntlet” for the draw hand as described in the
Combat Archery rules.

The Atlantian Combat rules state:

3.5.2.1   Armor Regulations. Atlantia uses the SCA regulations without
additions.

Combat and Melée Conventions for the East Kingdom state:

Armor and Weapon Standards
The Armor and Weapon Standards of the East Kingdom are those of the Society
of Creative Anachronism and may be found among the documents of the Society
Earl Marshal.

lo vostre per vos servir
Meser Lyonel Oliver Grace
Dum doceo disco