[Ansteorra] Results of Vambrace Poll

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 13:15:14 PST 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 3:02 PM, Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace wrote:
>> * If "yes", then should we specify any armor standards at all in the
>> Ansteorra rules? Or should we simply ratify whatever standards are
>> set by Corporate?
>>
> Yes, Michael, the idea is to set our armor standards to match the
> requirements put forth in the SCA Marshal's Handbook with no
> additions. We would not be the first to do so. East Kingdom,
> Aethelmearc, and Atlantia (perhaps others, I'm not certain) already
> do so.

Thanks, Lyonel (and Jean Paul, who replied previously).

What was our motivation for putting the current rules into our
handbook? What are the benefits and disadvantages of leaving them as
they are?

What would be our motivation for removing them, thus defaulting to
SCA minimum standards? What would be the risk or disadvantage of
doing so? What would be the advantage or benefit, other than
presumably greater individual freedom?

Thanks,
Michael