[Ansteorra] Results of Vambrace Poll

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 12:50:32 PST 2006

Salut cozyns,

Okay, Burke, let's try to keep this discussion friendly, shall we.

No one has said anything about making us "good little clones of every other
kingdom." No one. That's a cheap shot and a complete misrepresentation. I
pointed out that a few kingdoms (certainly nothing like "every other
kingdom") have already set their standards to minimum in response to
questions about how feasible the act was.

Besides, that's some damned silly flag-waving. Do you honestly think that
adding an 1/8th of an inch of padding here and there in our armor standards
is what makes us uniquely Ansteorran?

Please.

See my long post from earlier today outlining the differences between the
Ansteorran armor standards and the SCA armor standards. Most of the
Ansteorran additions are just the kind of regulation creep you get when
successive bureaucracies try to maintain a shadow set of standards.

lo vostre per vos servir
Meser Lyonel
Dum doceo disco