[Ansteorra] [Steppes] Repair Question

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Nov 8 10:11:07 PST 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 10:46:26AM -0800, William Black Dragon wrote:
> They make a flowable clear silicone sealer to
> repair leakly windshields you can find at most auto
> parts stores.  I don't know how food safe it is but
> you might look into using it?  Just watch how much
> you use because the stuff flows like honey before
> it sets up!

There is an "aquarium-safe" silicone intended for sealing glass-to-metal
joints in aquaria and not killing the inhabitants thereof. It doesn't put
out anything toxic, unlike the run-of-the-mill silicone caulks, which put
out acetic acid[1] and possibly other things as they cure.

[1]  making your fish, crustacea, etc., hurt at best, and possibly killing
     sensitive species.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx