[Ansteorra] What are we here for?

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Wed Oct 4 06:12:33 PDT 2006

Well, I have to spread word fame for a young man I don't even know and let
everyone know that "chivalry" isn't dead, even in mundane life. :)
Yesterday I was in WalMart and was manhandling a 50lb bag of dog food into
our cart. (For size comparison here, I'm 5'4"  and weigh approximately
100-105.)  I've done this many times before and grew up on a farm carrying
bags of cattle feed of the same size so it wasn't that big of an issue for
me.  A young man just entering that aisle saw me trying to get a good grip
so I could lift it into the cart and RAN the length of the aisle to offer
his assistance.  Even though I knew I could do it, I graciously allowed him
to take the bag and put it in the cart for me and then thanked him with a
smile for his lady as well.  He gives me hope for our young men, as he was
by guestimation, in his late teens or at most early 20's.  It made me feel
good to see that there are still young men out there still willing to offer
assistance.

Elizabeta