[Ansteorra] What are we here for?

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Wed Oct 4 11:37:59 PDT 2006

At 11:11 AM 10/2/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>The Society is a place where honor, courtesy and chivalry
>are not to be the exception but the rule.
>

>Our Society is BETTER than the one where we go to work
>  every week and we have to keep it that way.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Gunthar

I have been reading this thread since it started, and I find one
aspect that has not been covered.  Possibly it's just me but I find
that the Honor, Courtesy and Chivalry carries over into my mundane
life.

I was lucky enough to start playing when those ideals were at a
high in the early 90's and those that were mentoring me, made
sure I understood what was expected of a good member.  I didn't
realize how much I had taken them to heart until I found myself
applying them to everyday life.  I would (and still do sometimes)
catch myself thinking what I would say and how I would feel if
my King, Baron or Baroness, fellow officer or even someone I
just met in the SCA, saw me do or say an unkindly deed or word.

I believe it makes me a better person. If nothing else it cuts
down on road rage. :)

My 2¢ worth,

Lady Bicé di Pietro
Loch Ruadh