[Ansteorra] a question for any potters... a new one...

Deirdre ladydeirdre at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 26 22:03:15 PDT 2006

I find myself unable to resist asking a completely ignorant question -
There's really no way to ask without it sounding totally ignorant, either,
so here goes...

Why can't we take the lead out of the clay or ceramic or whatever? People
MAKE this stuff, right?  So make it unleaded.... I mean, does ALL clay have
lead in it? Is there no way to remove it?

Wow - I think my lightbulb just dimmed - I don't think it will recover from
this one.

Deirdre, whose hubby just told her a story about a woman who was convicted
of murdering her husband by making him a mug, and leaving a small spot
inside unglazed - he died of lead poisoning. Wonder how many years that
took...