[Ansteorra] a question for any potters... a new one...

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 09:20:41 PDT 2006

Hmmm...learn something new every day....

We did limited dinnerware production in my step-monster's ceramic shop
and never tested either...but then that was when I was in High School
which as of this spring it will be 25  years since I graduated... ;)

Wow...pretty wierd to think that I've been in the SCA most of my adult life...
got in when I was 22...in many ways I "grew up" here...and am still growing...
boggles my mind...

Thanks,

L DeerSlayer

Patty <prand at swbell.net> wrote: Hey Lorraine,

  This is the "Note to manufacuters of dinner ware" where I used to get my glazes...
  "It is your responsibility by law to ensure the safety of your ware through testing and to implement appropriate firing controls, controls for thinkness of glaze applications, controls for kiln loading and other production measures."
  There are too many variables involved in the application and firing of the glazes I guess.  When I made pottery many years ago, not sure this warning was in place, but we never tested...shame, shame.

  Caitriona

L T  wrote:
  I'm thinking, that, if you use commercial glazes that are food safe on the areas that come into contact with food then you should not have to test, since the company already has done the requisite testing.

L DeerSlayer