[Ansteorra] Coronets and Hats

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Mon Sep 4 15:15:37 PDT 2006

Hi, Hillary!

Remove "always" and "must", and all three choices are correct.

Wearing regalia is a matter of personal choice. Neither Corpora, Kingdom law
or the terms of *any* Award or Order's charter *require* the wearing of
insignia or regalia... they grant the *priviledge* of wearing a particular
piece.

As to Ansteorran (or any other) custom or tradition:
I've seen Duke Frederick of Holland without any regalia but a white Baldric;
I've also seen him spinning his Ducal coronet of the end of his Marshalling
staff.
And I've have seen Ansteorran Crowns attend events "in mufti", with no
regalia at all. As long as no dishonor to the Order, Rank, or Award is
easily perceived, any method of display (or none at all) is appropriate.

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond
Tir Medoin, Ansteorra
(Olde Farte Herald)