[Ansteorra] period on a budget

Sunny Briscoe sunnyday72 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 07:54:42 PDT 2006

Buongiorno Sir Lyonel,

I would like to add a comment to one bit of your wonderful advice.  I have
had to learn the hard way to avoid rayon.  Yes, it is a natural fiber, but
that does not make it a good choice.  Rayon is a weaker fiber than cotton,
and weaker even still when wet.  It also tends to fray very easily.  Rayon
also tends to be a more expensive fabric than cotton, so when on a budget,
and I can't afford linen, I get cotton over rayon.

And for a beginner website, I highly recomend www.reconstructinghistory.com
Kass McGann has some great instructions for t-tunics and such.  They can
also be easily turned into undershirts for nearly any other outfit.

And for images, I have always been fond of the Web Gallery of Art at
www.wga.hu .  They have a great search engine.

Elisabetta Morosini