[Ansteorra] period on a budget

Claude Anthony Penny cpenny at swbell.net
Tue Sep 19 12:04:37 PDT 2006

On offering labor, many of the smaller merchants, travel without help.
Most would be willing to trade stock for work.  Ask, but be nice, don't
act like you think their work is overpriced or poor quality. Admire
their items (even if they are doing resale) and offer your labor in
trade.  Some may not need any help, but someone will.  I tend to be more
willing to trade when I've had a good show (for labor or other), and for
an item I might want, when I've had a horrible show.  Don't forget
offering things like running errands, booth, pet or kid sitting, and
even Massages.  Learn some massage, get good at it, (not always sexy),
you'll have something you can trade, both in and out of the SCA.  Some
of these hints might well work at mundane art shows as well.

I have an upcoming show where I will need to have the booth open for 12
hours straight (not counting getting it open and closed).  I will have a
little help in the morning, but none after around noon.  Any offer of
help would be well received, and I know that a lot of other vendors end
up with the same dilema

Cairenn