[Ansteorra] Broadcloth and long underwear

Richard Morgan rmorgan at satx.rr.com
Wed Sep 20 08:59:55 PDT 2006

Try the Under Armor made for hot weather. It is pricey but works great at
wicking away moisture. I now wear it as the base layer under my gambeson
when I fight. By the way I made my latest gambeson from four layers of
cotton batting quilted between heavy linen. It is the best I have ever worn.

Sir Richard ap Morgan

PS: I am presently in the middle of sewing my new fighting tunic and pants.
They are 100% linen, expensive but cooler and should hold up better. Yes
gentlemen I sew, I have found that if you want things produced a certain way
it is best to learn how to do it yourself.

snip
Silk long underwear are luxurious.  They are thin, so they don't add bulk
(some of us don't need more bulk).  They are very warm.  And for those of us
with thunder thighs, they also help prevent inner thigh chafing.  I'm
looking for something to wear in the summer that will do the same thing -- a
pettipant of sorts.
snip
Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde
snip