[Ansteorra] Broadcloth and long underwear

elizabeth at crouchet.com elizabeth at crouchet.com
Wed Sep 20 12:46:49 PDT 2006

On 20 Sep 2006 at 7:56, Isobel de Kirkbryde wrote:

> Silk long underwear are luxurious.  They are thin, so they don't add
> bulk (some of us don't need more bulk).  They are very warm.  And
> for those of us with thunder thighs, they also help prevent inner
> thigh chafing.  I'm looking for something to wear in the summer that
> will do the same thing -- a pettipant of sorts.

Because no one sees them:

Cotton/lycra bycycle shorts.

cotton pajama bottoms, cut to capri length

light weight cotton capris

Linen "bloomers": buy the linen, light weight, about a yard, make full pants with elastic waist using a pattern for sweat pants,
just don't put elastic at the bottom, make them capri length. I have a few of these and the linen ones are by far my favorite and
a godsend in summer. They even make nice light layers to add under light weight pants when the weather is coolish. They wear
well and a long time since they never get dirt to wear them away but they handle sweat well. Cotton tends to stay wet, linen
dries fast and can act as a "swamp cooler". You can even get chills in a slight breeze!

Hope that helps.

Claire