[Ansteorra] Undergarments and stuff

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Sep 20 18:03:59 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:58:49PM -0500, Marc Carlson wrote:
> I'd like to thank folks who've offered suggestions on where to research this
> topic, but honestly that wasn't what I was writing for earlier.  I've been
> researching this topic for a long time now, so when I say that there aren't
> any extant examples, I mean it.  All we have are pictures and guesses.
>
> BTW, Michael, I suspect that the picture you are describing (folio 2v
> "February") could be showing any number of things - particularly with the
> peasant working in the field with his skirts tucked up and showing *his*
> braes.  My take on it is that he's shed his undergarments to help get warm.

Certainly could be the case, and I've wondered about that, but _why_
would he want the wind whistling around his goolies while he was
trying to use radiant heat to warm 'em? Self-defeating. Could be some
artistic license. Sample of one: not enough to draw _any_ sort of
general conclusion from.

Best regards, from

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO