[Ansteorra] Undergarments and stuff

Sunny Briscoe sunnyday72 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 18:30:36 PDT 2006

On the realm of Venus website, there are images to a couple of pairs of
women's underpants.
http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/wardrobe/extdraw1.htm  Some of her
images come from the books "Queen Elizabeth's Wardrobe Unlock'd" and "A
History of Underclothes"

Supposedly there is commentary (I have only heard about this, but haven't
seen it for myself yet) about how the only thing that should be between a
women's legs is her husband, that women shouldn't wear underpants, because
whores do, etc...  My understanding of human nature is that we don't
complain about stuff that people aren't doing (Ben Franklin's comment would
not have made sense unless at least some women were wearing underpants of
some sort).  My understanding of the female body is that we very much want
some sort of underpants - women are messy.

There is a reference to Eleonora di Toledo's underpants.  She had several
pair in her wardrobe, and at least one fur lined (blech!) pair. in the book
"Moda a Firenze 1540-1580: Lo stile de Eleonora di Toledo e la sua
influezea"

I don't believe it's unreasonable to assume that women's underpants would
follow a similar form as men's fashions either.

Elisabetta Morosini