[Ansteorra] First Event

Lori Campbell countesskat at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 13:10:04 PDT 2006

It took the better part of a year playing locally before I became
interested in events at all.  In fact, our group had to hold an actual
revel and invite people to come to us before I met any of the
mainstream SCA crowd (Mooneschadowe's first St. Valentines Feast and
Revel in 1988).  I had so much fun that I went to a camping event two
weeks later despite the bitter cold of February in Oklahoma.  I believe
it was Wolfstar's 1st (or possibly 2nd) Second Annual Tourney at Camp
Cimarron.  I had no concept of camping and the blankets I brought were
woefully inadequate, but I didn't spend much time sleeping, so I guess
that was OK.  The cold must not have been too off-putting because
another two weeks later I was traveling to Eldern for Rowan's second
Queen's Champion (yet another blindingly cold event where I ended up
without enough blankets).

- Kat M.