[Ansteorra] War between Ansteorra and the Middle???

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 02:02:24 PDT 2006

    Sir Burke described the Ansteorra - Middle wars.  The Interkingdom Peace
was another thing entirely.
    Back in the day those in Northern Ansteorra had fairly strong ties with
the folks in Calontier.  We wanted a interkingdom event with them but didn't
want a war, so we decided to have a peace.  I think there were eleven of
them.
     They alternated between the two kingdoms, and moved around a bit with
different branches within the kingdom hosting the event.  It was not a
competition between the two kingdoms but rather a chance to come together
and have fun.  They were ususally held on the July 4th weekend.   Some of
them had several hundred people attending.
     Attendance dropped when Calontier started holding War of the Lillys in
June, and the event ended when we started holding Gulf Wars which originally
was also held in June.
     It was a really great event and some of my favorite memories in the SCA
are from Interkingdom.  I miss it.

Robert