[Ansteorra] War between Ansteorra and the Middle???

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 09:27:26 PDT 2006

> IIRC, that was also the event where someone had made a cover
> for his van that looked like an elephant.

I saw the van slip-cover "elephant" at, I believe, Second Ansteorran
Crown Tourney.  Not saying it wasn't at Queen Willow's War, just I
remember seeing it the first time a little later.  (Yes, children, that
means that Amra has "seen the elephant"...)

> >The so called second Ansteorra/Middle was (it was really the first
> >on since we had become a Kingdom) was held in Grimfells (now part of
> >Calontir) and Lloyd and Jocelyn were sitting on the sable thrones at
> >the time.  Most of us who attended the war called it the muck or mud
> >war as early on Saturday the heavy rains started and they never
> >stopped.  Since we were camping along a *formerly* dry lake shore
> >everyone packed up a left in a hurry.  People were dragging and
> >pushing cars out of the mud all day.  One additional point, that was
> >our first war since we had become a Kingdom,  we had a total of 34
> >fighters and we lost.
>
> I'm afraid I missed that one.

I still remember how cold I got from the mud-drenching experienced
during the repeated pushing...

And I think my old friend Burke has left out an important pronouncement
of the time:
We did not lose, the Middle did not win.  "The MUD won!"

Amra
(Moonschadeen history lesson:  of the first ten or so members of the
original incipient Shire of Moonshadow, back when rocks were barely
hard, I am reasonably certain that at least seven, plus one who would
join only a *little* later, were at Queen Willow's War BEFORE we
organized the Shire [now Province]... Sebastian, Rory, Valadonis,
Thomas, Vlana(?), Gretchen(?), myself, and some "kid" from Ponca City
[the now-estimable husband of Estril Swet]. I Could Of Course Be Wrong.)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
MCBaker216 at cs.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |