[Ansteorra] War between Ansteorra and the Middle???

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Mon Sep 25 09:49:03 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:39:04AM -0500, burkemc at cox.net wrote:
> There were three wars that pitted the forces of Ansteorra vs. the
>Middle Kingdom.

>  The next and last war between Ansteorra and Middle Kingdom was
>again held in sunny Ansteorra up near Lake Oolagh which is north
>of Northkeep. Our crown was Sigmund and Sieglinda and we spent the
>preceding year planning our response to our defeat. This time we
>showed up with well over 100 fighters and out numbered our foes. In
>the end Ansteorra had won a magnificent victory. It is said by those
>who were there that the King Hugo of the Middle Kingdom danced on a
>large boulder speaking interesting word at the prowess of Ansteorra's
>warriors. The forces of the Middle withdrew that day never to come
>south again. Oh, one other point, each war has a nickname and this
>one was no different. The beautiful green site that we fought and
>camped on was covered in two foot high grass and had only been mowed
>a few days before the event. Every single person who was there was
>attacked and defeated by the Chiggers. Hence the last war is known as
>the Chigger War.

It was memorable in other ways, too, now that the chigger wounds have
*finally* healed. The lake is on a major flyway for migratory birds,
and the birds were thick in the sky that weekend -- truly a wonder to
behold, and something to keep in mind for folks who (like me) fancy
that sort of thing.

And wasn't that the war where the fighter took the Superball-tipped
arrow through the eyeslit, fell down, and was taken to the E.R., only
to shock the staff by pulling the arrow out himself after he regained
consciousness? That's what I seem to remember. It's a great story, and
one which _ought_ to be true, even if it isn't.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO