[Ansteorra] Stolen from the Ealdomerian Lexicon

Galen Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 25 09:27:55 PDT 2006

Sweet, Debby wrote:

>>>I have once. Her Grace Katrina of Iron Mountain called herself a Dance
>>>

>Nazi
>

>>>while she lived >in this Kingdom. ;)
>>>

>>I'll take your word for it.  I've never had the pleasure of meeting the
>>

>lady.
>
>Butting in here -- *I've* met HG Katrina -- and this statement makes me
>laugh something awful. I think, if you heard Katrina call herself a
>"dance Nazi" she was probably poking some fun at herself. Mostly I base
>this on the remembrances of the dances that were in her dance
>instruction book -- Gey Gordon, Dashing White Sergeant, Miterritsa
>(spelling?), etc. -- which, for those with no clue in the dance world,
>are fun, but not even remotely period dances (mostly 19th century
>dances, I think). She was definitely not dance authenticity police.
>
>Gee, I miss her something awful.
>
>Estrill
>(of course I knew her -- she was one of the 3 dance goddesses I learned
>most of my dancing from -- Geta, Vashti & Katrina)
>Dance instructor
>Province of Mooneschadowe

Estrill,

Rebekah and I also knew Katrina when she was in Kingdom and I have to
agree.   However, I did hear her refer to herself as a dance nazi on
more than one occasion.   I think what she meant by it was not so much
authenticity police as fun enforcer.  (Think bad german accent from old
TV, "You *vill* get to the hall, You *vill *dance, you *vill *have a
good time, or ve vilk be talkink again!)